Sometimes printers will not want to install even if you have what you think is the right driver. Here is one example. You will get an error similar to this:
To Resolve: Edit
1. Run - regedit
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - Microsoft - Windows NT - Print Printers.
3. Locate the “HPTrayCount” entry, most likely the value will be "0", change it to "12".
4. Try to install the printer again. If it doesn't work, reboot and try again.
For the Second Error:
1. Do the steps in "Document Stuck in the Queue"
2. Then, Run - regedit
3. Navigate To: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86
4. Delete all sub keys except: "Drivers" and "Print Processors". Expand out the Drivers key and delete all sub keys under "Version-x".
5. Now navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors
6. Delete them all except: "BJ Language Monitor, Local Port, PJL Language Monitor, Standard TCP/IP Port, and USB Monitor", these are the only ones needed.
7. Restart the print spooler service. If the service doesn't start then you have an OS issue over a printer driver issue.