Sometimes, you will be locked out of an account due to not knowing the password, here are some things to try:
Ways To Reset Windows Password: Edit
1. If XP, Try entering safe mode - it enables the local administrator account by default.
2. Password reset disc or system restore (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940765).
To Enable the Built-In Administrator Account On A Domain: Edit
1. Run - gpedit.msc
2. Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Local Policies - Security Options.
3. Select the "Account: administrator status" - make it enabled. Reboot.
To Enable the Built-In Administrator Account Through The Command Prompt: Edit
1. cmd - net user administrator /active:yes [press Enter]
net user administrator 11223344 (this number is the password. Use whatever password you want) [enter]
Sticky Keys Trick: Edit
1. Boot from Windows PE or Windows RE and access the command prompt.
2. Find the drive letter of the partition where Windows is installed. In Vista and Windows XP, it is usually C:, in Windows 7, it is D: in most cases because the first partition contains Startup Repair. To find the drive letter, type C: (or D:, respectively) and search for the Windows folder. Note that Windows PE (RE) usually resides on X:.
3. Type the following command (replace “c:” with the correct drive letter if Windows is not located on C:):
copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\ (This creates a copy of sethc.exe to restore later.)
4. Type this command to replace sethc.exe with cmd.exe:
copy /y c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
5. Reboot your computer and start the Windows installation where you forgot the administrator password.
6. After you see the logon screen, press the SHIFT key five times.
7. You should see a command prompt where you can enter the following command to reset the Windows password:
a. net user your_user_name new_password (If you don’t know your user name, just type net user to list the available user names.) You can now log on with the new password.
8. Replace sethc.exe with the copy you stored in the root folder of your system drive in step 3. For this, you have to boot up again with Windows PE or RE because you can’t replace system files while the Windows installation is online. Then you have to enter this command:
a. copy /y c:\sethc.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
Best- Method: Use Hirens Boot CDEdit
1. Download Hirens Boot CD and then use a tool like Unebutin or like it to burn to a bootable ISO.
2. Follow the links to reset Windows password. Follow this link for help, http://www.hirensbootcd.org/resetting-windows-password/